White Plains Podiatrist: Advanced Treatments for Foot Pain, Injury and Deformity
The Center for Podiatric Care and Sports Medicine is at 10 Mitchell Place in White Plains, New York. Along the walls of our Westchester County facility’s waiting room, you’ll see photos of Olympic and professional athletes who have come to us for podiatric care. Dr. Josef J. Geldwert takes great pride in treating local high school and college athletes and weekend warriors, just as much as high-level competitors. As a father of five, Dr. Geldwert truly understands the physical toll sports can take on young athletes. He puts his nearly 40 years of expertise in diagnosing, treating, and preventing sports injuries to work for you and your family. Our office takes care of emergencies like sprains and fractures, as well as chronic overuse injuries like Achilles tendinosis and plantar fasciitis.
White Plains, NY 10601 Podiatry Services
- Diagnosis: Our White Plains podiatry office offers x-ray, NC-stat DPNCheck and state-of-the-art computerized gait analysis tools to diagnose the underlying cause of your discomfort.
- Treatment: We are pleased to offer our patients the most advanced tools including shockwave therapy, Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) injections, MLS laser for foot pain and the PinPointe toenail fungus laser.
- Prevention: Footwear counseling, diabetic foot care, blister treatment,callus removal, and prevention strategies are all part of the treatment you receive with our board-certified podiatrists in White Plains.
Common Foot and Ankle Issues We Treat
We can treat any problem related to the foot or ankle and specialize in:
- Bunions and hammertoes
- Arthritis of the foot and ankle
- Diabetes and peripheral neuropathy
- Achilles tendinitis, plantar fasciitis, and overuse sports injuries
- Fractures, sprains, and strains
Foot Surgery in White Plains
We have practicing privileges at Beth Israel Medical Center, Mount Sinai Medical Center or White Plains Hospital, should your condition require surgery. Dr. Geldwert is an expert on the subject of bunion surgery and is skilled in many different types of bunion correction. We’ve done everything from total ankle replacement and diabetic ulcer debridement, to fracture repair and crushing injury foot reconstruction. Whenever possible, we opt for arthroscopic or laser surgery for better results that minimize potential complications.
Dr. Josef Geldwert, Dr. Ryan Minara, and Dr. Katherine Lai treat each patient as they would their own family. Our staff takes time with each and every person who comes in through their door and believes that “there is no such thing as a stupid question.” Patient reviews tell a story of kindness, friendliness, and respect. If you’re looking for a positive experience, a sympathetic ear, and a successful outcome, you’ll certainly find it at The Center for Podiatric Care and Sports Medicine.
Call our White Plains, NY office at (914) 328-3400 or book your appointment online.