Foot and Ankle Experts Serving Upper Westside Podiatry Patients Since 1990
The Center for Podiatric Care and Sports Medicine, located at 111 East 88th Street in Manhattan, is just a hop, skip and jump across Central Park from the city’s Upper Westside. You can be sitting in our comfortable office in less than 10 minutes. You’ll be greeted by our friendly staff and treated to the best technologies podiatry has to offer.
Who We Are
Our practice includes three highly qualified, board-certified podiatric surgeons:
Dr. Josef J. Geldwert: As the founder of The Center for Podiatric Care and Sports Medicine, Geldwert is our most senior care practitioner with over 30 years of foot and ankle surgery experience. He has worked with athletes on the NY Liberty, NY Lizards, and NY Magic, as well as the New York Road Runners Club and Central Park Track Club. Need a bunion fixed or a total ankle replacement? He’s your NYC podiatrist!
Dr. Katherine Lai: Dr. Lai has been working as a podiatric surgeon for more than two decades. She also practices at the Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx, Mt. Sinai Medical Center, and Beth Israel Medical Center. She teaches orthopedics at the New York College of Podiatric Medicine. Curious about holistic and natural healing methods? She’s the Upper Westside podiatrist for you!
Dr. Ryan Minara: Dr. Minara earned his DPM in 2007 and has worked in the surgery department at prestigious local hospitals like Beth Israel Medical Center and White Plains Hospital. He joined Dr. Geldwert as one of the official team podiatrists for the NY Lizards lacrosse team and takes care of runners at the Hamptons Marathon and NYC Triathlon. If you have a complex injury, chronic pain, or diabetes, Dr. Minara can help!
Top 5 Reasons To Visit Our Upper Westside Podiatrists
When you’re looking at Upper Westside podiatry practices, consider a few of the advantages of strolling across Central Park to see us instead:
- We have the technology to ease your pain! People come to us from all over New York City and even from out of state for the progressive treatments we offer, from Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) and shockwave therapy to ultrasonic debridement and computerized gait analysis.
- Booking an operation with one of our surgeons is a much better experience than sitting in a hospital emergency room. Our office staff is renowned for their friendliness. Our podiatrists are willing to spend time answering your questions and we won’t keep you waiting. We schedule surgeries at Beth Israel, Mt. Sinai, or White Plains Hospital.
- We combine the best of Eastern and Western medicine at our practice. Some Upper Westside foot doctors will simply prescribe you a drug and send you on your merry way. Whenever possible, we begin therapy with the least invasive treatment options to minimize the risk of side effects and let your body do the healing.
- We have great reviews. Our patients say we are “extremely thorough,” with “an excellent bedside manner.” They say we’re “attentive” and they never feel rushed out of our office. Patients who have been to us for bunion correction, corrective foot surgery, big toe joint replacement, lower leg pain and plantar fasciitis all rave about the care they received. Read what they had to say here.
- Scheduling with us is easy. Some Upper Westside podiatry practices ask you to wait up to three months to be seen by a podiatrist. We know that foot pain and acute injuries cannot wait and we can usually see you within a week. For your convenience, you can schedule a new patient appointment online or call 212-996-1900 to speak with someone about finding the best podiatrist Upper Westside NY has to offer.
We serve all the Upper Westside zip codes, including 10023, 10024, 10025.