Expert Manhattan Foot and Ankle Clinic Treats Sports Injury in New York
New York City boasts many sports medicine doctors, orthopedists, and general practitioners who diagnose and treat sports injuries. But, frankly, some of them are stuck in the Stone Age. No one wants to hear: “Go home, rest, ice it, wear this bandage, and put your feet up” when you’ve had chronic pain for more than a month. By the same token, no one wants to be rushed into surgery, either.
The Center for Podiatric Care and Sports Medicine, located at 111 East 88th Street in Manhattan, NY 10128, understands what you’ve been through and your needs. We offer a new approach to sports injury treatment using the latest technology to get you back on your feet as efficiently as possible.
Top Sports Medicine Breakthroughs at Our Manhattan Sports Injury Center
You don’t have to be a rich celebrity or a professional athlete to get top-of-the-line care. Here are some of the innovative treatments our Manhattan sports medicine doctors offer:
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) injections for ankle arthritis, knee pain, Achilles tendon injuries and chronic tendinopathy.
- Computerized gait analysis to find causes of running injuries, including over-pronation, oversupination, increased O angle, hip hiking, limited ankle dorsiflexion and pelvic tilt.
- MLS lasers to treat ankle sprains, arthritis, joint pain, neuromas, plantar fasciitis heel pain, tendinopathy and acute sports injuries.
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy to treat plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendinopathy and fractures.
- TENS therapy to treat nerve pain.
- Biopuncture to treat chronic foot and ankle pain.
- Computerized orthotics scanning to treat tarsal tunnel, arthritis, plantar fasciitis, overpronation, biomechanical abnormalities and general foot pain.
Sports Medicine Doctors in Manhattan
Dr. Josef J. Geldwert founded The Center for Podiatric Care and Sports Medicine in 1990. Over the past 40 years, Dr. Geldwert diagnosed and treated sports injuries in local athletes of all ages and levels, from peewee to high school stars to major league starters and Champion Olympians. He cared for runners in the Hamptons Marathon, NYC Tri and the Westchester Toughman Tri, as well as tennis players at the A&P and Newsweek classics. He’s worked with the NY Lizards, NY Liberty, NY Magic, and NY Power sports teams. Dr. Geldwert specializes in running injuries like sprains, fractures, stress fractures, tendinopathy and plantar fasciitis.
Dr. Katherine Lai has been with the practice for nearly 25 years and brings an in-depth understanding of the latest natural and holistic healing methods. She graduated with honors from the New York College of Medicine, where she now teaches orthopedics. Every year, she treats runners’ sports injuries in the Bridgehampton Half Marathon, the NYC Tri and the Hamptons Marathon.
Dr. Ryan Minara has worked with us for more than seven years. He obtained his undergraduate degree from NYU on a full academic scholarship and went on to get his doctorate from the New York College of Medicine and served as chief resident at New York Hospital Queens. He worked alongside Dr. Geldwert overseeing NY Lizards practices and games and working events like the NYC Tri and Hamptons Marathon.
Book your appointment to see one of our sports injury professionals.
We serve patients living in all zip codes of Manhattan, NY including: Central Harlem 10026, 10027, 10030, 10037, 10039; East Harlem 10029, 10035; Chelsea and Clinton 10001, 10011, 10018, 10019, 10020, 10036; Gramercy Park and Murray Hill 10010, 10016, 10017, 10022; Greenwich Village and Soho 10012-10014; Lower Manhattan 10004-10007, 10038, 10280; Lower East Side 10002, 10003, 10009; Upper East Side 10021, 10028, 10044, 10128; Upper West Side 10023-10025; Inwood and Washington Heights 10031-10034, and 10040.