Don’t Let Westchester Foot and Ankle Pain Keep You Down
At The Center for Podiatric Care and Sports Medicine, located at 10 Mitchell Place in White Plains NY, we diagnose, treat and help prevent sports injuries in Westchester County. The center was founded by Dr. Josef J. Geldwert DPM, a renowned board-certified foot and ankle surgeon specializing in the treatment of fractures, Achilles tendinitis, and plantar fasciitis. The Center also features Dr. Katherine Lai, a board-certified foot and ankle surgeon experienced in providing holistic and alternative treatments for sports injuries. Dr. Ryan Minara rounds out our board-certified foot and ankle staff and is adept at repairing complex foot and ankle traumas.
What We Do
You can think of us as your one-stop-shop for sports injury help. Look to us to:
- Diagnose – We have x-ray, ultrasound and gait analysis to figure out the underlying cause of your sports injury.
- Treat – We begin with the most affordable and least invasive treatments, but will progress to more advanced therapies if you have been suffering from chronic pain or need to get back to the game quickly. Platelet-Rich Plasma, shockwave therapy, MLS laser, and MIX5 laser are just a few of the many offerings at our facility.
- Repair – We schedule surgeries at Mt. Sinai Medical Center, Beth Israel Medical Center or White Plains Hospital when less-invasive methods don’t address your issue. Our skilled foot and ankle surgeons offer the latest techniques to minimize downtime, risks and scarring.
- Prevent – Our sports medicine doctors will never rush you out of the office. We will take as much time as needed to answer all your questions. We counsel athletes on equipment, footwear choices, training, and rehabilitation coping strategies.
Common Westchester Sports Injuries
We can treat any sports injury of the foot or ankle. However, the most common sports injuries we see include:
- Compound fractures, sprains and strains
- Soft tissue inflammation and tearing
- Damaged tendons
- Dislocated joints
- Worn and torn cartilage
- Scar tissue buildup
- Achilles tendon ruptures
- Plantar fasciitis heel pain
- Ball of the foot pain
- Compressed or injured nerves
- Turf toe sprains
- Shin splint stress fractures
Visit our blog to learn more about causes and how we treat these conditions.
We treat each athlete who comes through our doors as if they are family. Our team is here to lend a sympathetic ear and help you through your rehabilitation, however long it may take. Unlike a general practitioner, we do not treat just the afflicted body part or the symptoms. We examine how the condition of your feet and ankles affects your entire body. Our Westchester sports medicine doctors are described as “compassionate,” “knowledgeable,” “attentive, “friendly,” and “thorough.” Read patient testimonials here.
We accept most major insurance plans and work with you to customize a treatment that suits your lifestyle, needs and budget. For your convenience, you may book with us online.
Our sports medicine doctors serve all of Westchester County, including Bronxville NY 10708, Chappaqua NY 10514, Larchmont NY 10538, Pelham NY 10803, Rye NY 10580, White Plains NY 10601, Mamaroneck NY 10543, and Scarsdale NY 10590 at our White Plains location.