Chronic Foot Pain on the Upper East Side? Foot and Ankle Expertise to Cure Your Aches
Dr. Josef J. Geldwert opened The Center for Podiatric Care and Sports Medicine in 1990 as a place where people could access the latest technologies and treatments for foot and ankle injuries. With more than 30 years of experience, Dr. Geldwert has made a name for himself with his participation in local races like the Hamptons Marathon, NYC Triathlon, Westchester Toughman Triathlon, and the US Olympic Trials. He uses the latest bunion repair techniques and chronic overuse sports injury therapies. Two other board-certified podiatric surgeons – Dr. Katherine Lai and Dr. Ryan Minara – are key to the practice. Our office is located at 111 East 88th Street in Manhattan, near Carnegie Hill and Central Park.
Top 10 Reasons To Visit Our Upper Eastside Podiatrists
There are many reasons to make us your Upper Eastside podiatry practice. Here are a just a few to consider:
- We offer high-tech treatments like Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) and TENS therapy, shockwave treatment, ultrasonic debridement, MLS laser, PinPointe foot laser, arthroscopic surgery, and ultrasonic debridement.
- We are one of the only centers with computerized pressure and gait analysis to help locate the root of your foot and ankle pain, as well as prevent serious injury in the future. Counseling patients is an important aspect of our care.
- Our foot doctors are all board-certified in foot and ankle surgery, with seven to more than 30 years of experience in the field. Dr. Minara completed his undergraduate study on a full academic scholarship and Dr. Lai graduated with honors from the New York College of Medicine, where she now serves as an orthopedic instructor. Dr. Geldwert is an adjunct instructor at the New York College of Medicine and coordinates the podiatric surgical residency program at Beth Israel Hospital. They are tops in their field.
- We accept acute injury patients and set up surgeries through Beth Israel, Mount Sinai, or White Plains Hospital. This saves you the hassle of sitting in an ER waiting room for hours on end.
- We have a great blog! If you need information on a particular condition or treatment, you should consult our arsenal of free information.
- Our primary focus is on accurate diagnosis and immediate pain relief. However, we are also committed to helping you through an active recovery and doing whatever it takes to get you back on your feet as quickly as possible.
- Patients love us! Check out our patient testimonials here. Common threads are that we have an excellent bedside manner, vast knowledge, and a thorough understanding of your emotional state.
- We probably accept your insurance. Our Upper Eastside podiatrists accept most insurance plans from Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and Elder Plan, to HIP, Healthnet, and Medicare. Learn more here. Some of the newer treatments not yet covered by insurance plans can be funded through medical credit cards, Flexible Spending Accounts, CareCredit loans or installment plans set up through our office.
- The wait time is short. Some Upper Eastside podiatrists are scheduling months out in advance. We can usually get you in to be seen by a professional within the week or immediately, in case of emergency.
- In most cases, we begin therapy with the least invasive, most natural, and most affordable options. Dr. Katherine Lai specializes in holistic and integrative medicine for patients who would rather not take prescription medication or undergo surgery. For patients who suffer chronic, debilitating pain and who have had no response to conventional treatments, we offer next-level care – the sort that professional athletes from the NY Liberty, NY Magic, and NY Lizards access.
The Best Foot Doctor the Upper Eastside NY Has To Offer
Call our friendly front office staff at 212-996-1900 or book an appointment online.
Our NY Podiatrists serve all of the Upper Eastside, including 10021, 10028, 10044 and 10128 zip codes.